Off Grid Solar Power Systems
No more power bills!
Solar Electric Technology design and install off the grid solar power systems, to suit almost any requirement i.e. Homes, Bach’s, Telecommunication sites, remote farm pumps and much more. Depending on the resources you have available to you, generation may include solar PV panels, wind turbines, micro hydro or a combination of these systems. The energy generated is stored within a deep cycle battery bank, ready for use at your convenience. Significant advances in technology allow people living in an off the grid powered home to go about their normal day to day life, without the concern of running out of energy. Solar Electric Technology can design and size a system to suit your requirements, based on your energy consumption and renewable generation resources available to you. Off grid solar power systems eliminate your energy costs, reduce your carbon footprint, add value to your home and are often cheaper to install than connecting to the main grid. NOTE: An average energy user will likely spend over $25,000 on power in the next 10 years.
How Do Off Grid Power Systems Work?
A PV Solar Off Grid System
1. Solar generation solar PV panels mounted on your roof, or on a ground mounted frame, use the sun’s solar radiation to generate DC (Direct Current) electricity. (Wind and water turbines are sometimes used as alternative to, or in conjunction with, solar generation.)
2. The solar controller – The voltage and current generated from the solar panels is controlled by a solar controller. This ensures the batteries are charged at the correct voltage, and prevents damage to the battery bank.
3. Battery bank – The DC electricity being generated is stored in a battery bank for use as and when required. The battery bank is sized so there is enough storage for at least 3 days without any solar generation.
4. Inverter / charger – An inverter/charger converts the DC energy stored within the battery bank into 230volts AC (Alternating Current) as used in your home.
5. Back-up generator – If there is little or no solar energy available for a number of days, the inverter/charger will automatically start a backup generator and re-charge the battery bank so that you are assured plenty of power. Optional monitoring. It is possible to set up remote monitoring of the system, if required.
How do I know what size system I will require?
You can follow this link and fill in a form which can be submitted to us. Alternatively you can simply call or email us and we will work through the process with you.
How do I get a free quote?
Either submit the form above, call or email us and once we have designed a system that will meet your requirements, we will provide a complete free quote Off Grid Solar Packages Click here to see our off grid solar packages.