Solar Electric System Batteries
Deep cycle Batteries are designed to store energy for when it is required i.e. during times of little or no solar generation or high energy demand. There are various battery technologies available for different applications and so it is important to choose the correct technology for your requirements.
Off Grid Batteries
Off grid batteries need to store a large amount of energy, so that there is plenty of energy available during extended bad weather. If the battery is undersized, it will be discharged to a lower state of charge more regularly and therefore shorten the life expectancy. You will also be more reliant on a back up source of energy like a generator, to top up the system more often.
Common battery technology used for off grid systems are Lead Acid i.e. Enersun and Lead Carbon i.e. Shoto
Grid Connected (Hybrid) Batteries
Grid connected (Hybrid) batteries are designed to retain the solar energy you generate on site, rather the sell it to the grid and buy it back later at a much higher rate. A grid connected home would ideally be designed so that appliances run during sunshine hours where possible, directly from the solar system. Batteries can then be add to store the remaining solar energy for use during the evening, high demand or low generation times. Unlike off grid batteries, you only need to store a small amount of energy to cover the evening usage, however if you fall short the grid will continue to support your energy demand as usual.
Common battery technologies used for grid connected (Hybrid) systems are Lithium Iron i.e. LG Chem, Enphase, Tesla Powerwall
- Advanced technology tubular positive plate construction - ideal for deep cycling applications
- Large ‘top of plate’ electrolyte reservoir to minimise topping up for less maintenance
- Large volume electrolyte minimises effect of temperature variation
- High charge acceptance - ideal for solar applications
- Robust construction and heavy duty casing designed to last as long as the battery
- Detailed installation and maintenance manual provided with each battery
- Maintenance kit, including hydrometer and thermometer, provided with each system
- Wraparound separators provide extra protection against short circuits.
- Heat-sealed Case and Cover Design
- Rigid Connectors - Heavy-duty TTP, COS and Post connectors deliver maximum electrical efficiency and durability
- X-TEND Container Design - X-Tend provides more electrolyte above the battery plates so batteries can perform longer between watering intervals, lowering preventive maintenance costs and improving overall ROI on your Crown Battery purchase
- Heavy-Duty Construction - Crown deep cycle batteries are the heavyweight of the industry. More weight means more lead, which translates into a battery that will work and last longer.
- PROeye™ - No mess, no guess system for inspecting electrolyte levels that signals when watering is required
- Posi-Wrap™ Envelope Separators - Posi-Wrap Separators reduce maintenance and prevent failure due to short-circuiting and plate shredding, ensuring reliability and durability
- Z3 Plate Construction - Crown’s Z3 design combines three integrated features for superior performance and durability
- Our signature “Diamond Z” grid architecture
- An inset lug position
- Our revolutionary “LifePlus™” active paste material.
- Designed service life of 20 years
- High cycle service life – 2600 Cycles @ 70% D.O.D
- Excellent deep cycle performance
- Superior PSOC cycling performance
- Fast charge performance – reduces charging time by 50%
- Three year warranty
- Superior low current discharge performance
- Better high temperature performance
- Stronger constant power discharge capability
- Better charge reception capability Applications
- Solar energy, wind energy, hydroelectric generation power storage and wind & solar hybrid projects
- Higher Reliability and Quality - Throughout the whole manufacturing process, PPM and ISO 9001 are carried out to make sure that the product reliability and defect ratio meet with the PPM standard.
- Higher Power Density - A special assembly technology is used to enhance power density to a considerable level.
- Reliable Construction - The extra strong construction ABS container reduces case bulging and plate warping, ensuring long life and high performance.
- Valve regulating - Perfect venting system, which operates under low pressure, is designed to release excess gas and keep the internal pressure within the optimum range of safe and efficient performance.
- Excellent Recovery from Deep Discharge - Unique technical processes are used into the grid alloy and electrolyte additives, so that the battery can be recharged easily to a normal level even after being over-discharged.
- Living Up to Prevailing Standards - The batteries live up to standards JIS, DIN, BS and IEC.
- RESU 3.3, 6.5 and 10kWh series offers additional flexibility, expand-ability, and presents the world’s best energy density
- Light weight and integrated handles for transport
- 10 years LG Chem manufacturing guarantee
- Easy and fast installation
- LG RESU Storage units are rated to 6000 cycles
Select your location
Click in the map
Solar Heating made easy!
Solar heating is quickly gaining popularity as a choice for homeowners and businesses alike. Not only is it...READ MORE
Marlborough District Council Flicks Switch On Solar Power Scheme – Media Statement
Good news for Marlborough ratepayers! Switching to solar power is now easier thanks to the newly launched initiative...READ MORE
PV Solar Installers Around New Zealand
New Zealand is blessed with a bountiful of daily sunshine hours all around. While it is true that...READ MORE