Now is the future where you can eliminate your power bill and reduce your carbon footprint with a sustainable renewable energy system. Esolar.co.nz can design and install an off the grid or grid connected solar panel system to meet your energy requirements and budget. By utilizing photovoltaic solar panels, you will no longer be susceptible to ever increasing power prices, while at the same time reducing your environmental impact. It’s a win-win situation so why wait? Call now for a free quote.
How they work
Photovoltaic solar panels use the energy from the sun, to generate sustainable electrical energy to power your home or business. The energy generated can be fed back into the national grid (Grid Connected system) to offset your energy costs or you can be totally independent of the grid (Off the Grid system) and store the energy in batteries.
How do Solar Water Heating systems work?
- Water from the bottom of the hot water cylinder is circulated by pump through the Heat Exchange Manifold at the top of the collector and back to the cylinder.
- The pump is controlled by a difference thermostat controller which has temperature sensors in the heat exchange manifold and in the top and bottom of the cylinder.
- The pump is activated when the temperature of the collector is greater than the water temperature at the bottom of the cylinder.
- The controller can be set to suit your individual needs.
Evacuated Tube Technology
The Solar Technology Sunsaver uses Evacuated Tube Heat Pipe technology which in conjunction with a Heat Exchange Manifold offers exceptional performance superior to any other type of solar collector. Higher heat efficiency is due to a combination of the advanced heat transferring style of the Heat Pipe, Selective Absorbent coating and high vacuum heat preservation state. As sunlight enters the Evacuated Tube it strikes the selective absorbent coating and turns to heat. Heat is transferred to the heat conduction fluid contained within the copper Heat Pipe. This fluid has a low boiling point and quickly shoots up to the Heat Pipe Condenser Element contained within the Heat Exchange Manifold. Water passing through the Heat Exchange Manifold absorbs this heat and simultaneously cools the heat conduction fluid causing it to fall again, ready to restart the process.
How Do Grid Connected Or Grid Tied Power Systems Work?
A PV Solar Grid Connected System
- Photovoltaic solar panels mounted on your roof, or on a ground mounted frame, use the sun’s solar radiation to generate DC (Direct Current) electricity.
- The electricity travels to a grid tie inverter, usually located near to the switchboard which converts the DC electricity into 230 volts AC (Alternating Current) as used in your home.
- The energy generated can be used within the home or business first and any excess electricity is fed into the national grid. If there is little or no solar energy available because of bad weather or at night, energy is sourced from the national grid.
- A two way (Import/Export) meter is installed in place of your existing meter, to measure the energy you feed in and take from the national grid.
How Do Off Grid Power Systems Work?
A PV Solar Off Grid System
- Solar generation solar PV panels mounted on your roof, or on a ground mounted frame, use the sun’s solar radiation to generate DC (Direct Current) electricity. (Wind and water turbines are sometimes used as alternative to, or in conjunction with, solar generation.)
- The solar controller – The voltage and current generated from the solar panels is controlled by a solar controller. This ensures the batteries are charged at the correct voltage, and prevents damage to the battery bank.
- Battery bank – The DC electricity being generated is stored in a battery bank for use as and when required. The battery bank is sized so there is enough storage for at least 3 days without any solar generation.
- Inverter / charger – An inverter/charger converts the DC energy stored within the battery bank into 230volts AC (Alternating Current) as used in your home.
- Back-up generator – If there is little or no solar energy available for a number of days, the inverter/charger will automatically start a backup generator and re-charge the battery bank so that you are assured plenty of power.
- Optional monitoring. It is possible to set up remote monitoring of the system, if required.
For a residential ON GRID power system
|2kwp||2,600 – 3,000 kwh per year|
|3kwp||3,900 – 4,500 kwh per year|
|4kwp||5,200 – 6,000 kwh per year|
|5kwp||6,500 – 7,540 kwh per year|
For a residential OFF GRID power system, we recommend
|For a||We recommend|
|Bach/small daily power load||2kwh system|
|Small home/low power load||3.5kwh system|
|Standard home/average power load||5.5kwh system|
|Above average power load||8kwh system|